Just a warning…..I’m going on 4 hours of sleep over the previous 2 nights. I don’t know what is going on. Maybe this isn’t the best time to write this? Or maybe it’s the perfect time? Either way…..
10 reasons why my wife is a keeper….
1. Whenever she enters a room peace is not far behind. It’s weird, but in the best possible way.
2. She can burp louder than you. No really. She can burp louder than you. If you hear a low and powerful rumble, it may not be the thunder of the gods…..it may be my lady.
3. She loves God more than she loves me.
4. The Joneses don’t interest her.
5. Really generic one here…..she’s an incredible mom.
6. I love sitting back and watching her as she interacts with others. People always want to be around her. If you know her you know she doesn’t seek attention. She has no need for attention. Yet….people are drawn to her. (It was one of the first things I noticed about her before we started dating.) It never gets old to see students happy and waving when she walks in the room.
7. Gooey butter cookies.
8. Some people in her life don’t understand why she does what she does. Why we do what we do. Why we continue to “waste” our lives and our “potential earning power” among other so-called disappointments. It never stops her from pushing on in her quest to impact as many lives as she can until the day the Lord takes her Home. Her security isn’t wrapped up in this life.
9. She never tries to change me. She simply supports me and helps me on my journey to become the best version of myself.
10. She loves God more than she loves me. This one deserved two spots on the list.
Happy Anniversary, Margaret Nicole Akridge. My pursuit continues……